Kerrville Transition Center
Our mission is to provide services for at-risk youth and youth aging out of the foster care system to expand their skills and knowledge, strengthen their self-confidence, create healthy community relationships and help youth learn positive self-guidance.
Youth receiving services at the Kerrville Transition Center are between the ages of 14 and 26. Most have spent time in the foster care system or juvenile justice system, or have battled issues like homelessness, substance abuse or truancy. The center strives to serve youth, their families and community members to the best of their abilities, or refer them to an entity who can provide the appropriate service.
Services offered at the Kerrville Transition Center:
At the Kerrville Transition Center, eligible youth can receive case management services, counseling, assistance with education, employment and housing location, and participate in the following programs:
- Preparation for Adult Living (PAL)
- Youth Averted from Delinquincy (YAD)
- Transitional Living Apartments
- YouthBuild Education and Employment
- Green and Clean - Job opportunities for low-income individuals
- Education and Training Voucher (ETV) Scholarship Program
- The PREP Project
Helpful Phone Numbers
- State PAL Coordinator: Nadine Terry (210) 431-5622
- Texas Youth Hotline (800) 210-2278
- Medicaid Information (800) 248-1078 Ext. 8126
- Workforce Solutions (830) 896-7643
- Hill Country Crisis Council (830) 257-7088
- Kerr County Area Christian Assistance Ministry (830) 257-4222
- Families & Literacy, Inc (830) 896-8787
- Partners in Ministry Vision Youth (830) 792-3131
- Pregnancy Resource Center (830) 257-2166
- St. Vincent de Paul (830) 896-6898
- Women, Infants, and Children (830) 257-4400
- Assurance Wireless (866) 321-5880
- Community Care Clinic (830) 258-7900
For more information about the Kerrville Transition Center,
call (830) 896-0993.
Step Up For Youth
The demand for the center's services for Kerrville-area youth have caused BCFS to outgrow the current facility! We are currently raising funds to build A BRAND NEW Kerrville Transition Center! Read more.